Logo

1985 50 hp Johnson Model j50tlco

dennist12

"I just picked this motor up ,

"I just picked this motor up , When I had the trim up all the way I had alot of gas come up through the carbs and leak into the front cover. I took the cover off and I had about a half cup of gas come out, Is that normal? Also I was wondering what the correct oil gas ratio I should mix, And Finally Can I use any power trim oil? Thanks"

"u have ur carbs leaking,...or

"u have ur carbs leaking,...or fuel line,etc,...clean/rebuild carbs using new parts...u can use power st fluid,in tnt."

"Well got it back together run

"Well got it back together runs great no leaks, This is the first time I ran it with muffs and I noticed water squirting between the lower unit and the shaft at the joint. Should there be any seal there or is that just bolted together? Thanks"

That's a metal to metal su

That's a metal to metal surface. Water will squirt out there for awhile but will eventually clog with salt or debris. Nothing to be concerned about.

"Thanks,I thought so, I also n

"Thanks,I thought so, I also noticed My screens are broken Is that an easy fix by droppping the gearcase? And my trim Kind of screams at first(10 seconds) then when it catches its sounds like it should> Ichecked the level and its topped off to the bottom of the hole. Also I noticed that I cannot get the engine to lock when its up all the way ( Is that intentionally because it has trim on the motor)?It needs like a 1/4 to go. it looks like the tilt aid are fully extended when up ..Thanks again"

The reservoir must be filled t

The reservoir must be filled to overflowing when the engine is in its extreme tilted up position.

Sounds like the PTT reservoir unit is not full.

"Thanks, I checked again today

"Thanks, I checked again today with it all the way up. It was pouring out. Is there a good way to flush the system?"

Back