Logo

Crusaders 270 XL

phoenix1

"What a great site. I expect

"What a great site. I expect to become a regular.

Just bought my first twin screw - 88 27' Phoenix. Vessel was dealer trade-in. Their inspection paperwork indicates motors are Crusader 270 XL's, but I can't seem to find info matching this nomenclature. Motors are likely original 88's sold with boat. I am told Crusaders are 220HP. Would 220 XL make more sense? It is probably obvious I'm a newbie to this."

"Should be a plate over the fl

"Should be a plate over the flywheel cover with model number, serial number, etc."

"Thanks - had the marina check

"Thanks - had the marina check and confirmed plates indicate Crusader 270 XL. I was looking for a manual for this motor, but couldn't find anything referencing the "XL" part. By serial number, motors were made in 1987, which makes sense given 88 year of boat. Would the Crusader 270 manual apply to the the XL model?

thanks"

"Which manual is the missing d

"Which manual is the missing detail.

I'd say a mid 80's owners manual - which covers all models - is probably sufficient for the basic maintenance requirements. some details aren't shown but enough info is there to figure it out.

for the service manual - hard to say.

best thing to do would be contact Crusader's Tech Department, tell them what you have (SN, etc), and then tell them what you want. All it costs is a few minutes on the phone - not much to get the best info available."

Just got quick response back f

Just got quick response back from Crusader.

The correct manuals are TECM-591 (parts) and TECM-593 (warranty). Posting this in case someone else is looking for same.

Back