Logo

1988 30L stalling

boatguy61

"i have a 1988 glastron with a

"i have a 1988 glastron with a 3.0L mercruiser,will run fine most of the time,but once in a while when going full throttle,and slowing down,the motor "stumbles" and quits at idle speed,wont restart right away.Starts after sitting awhile(usually a day or two).have had the carb rebuilt,water filter installed,use octane boost,and stabilizer on fill ups,replaced points and condenser ,plugs,drained gas tank.still quits once in awhile,any help would be appreciated."

""use octane boost"

""use octane boost"

Worst product on the market; fouls plugs quickly. Check your plugs for red carbon buildup. If its there replace them.

"...slowing down,the motor "stumbles" and quits at idle speed,wont restart right away..."

Make sure the choke isn't shutting off the air supply and is working properly."

"hey thanks Guy for answering,

"hey thanks Guy for answering,i checked the plugs,yup red,have replaced them,i also got a new filter for the water separator,old one had alot of water in it,i had drained the tank before installing it,where could the water be coming from?i heard that ethanol causes alot of condensation to form in the tank when sitting still for a time(week end warrior here,boat sits in drive for the week days,covered)will check the choke for proper adjustment this weekend.thanks agian for the help"

Dump the fuel out of the fuel

Dump the fuel out of the fuel filter water separator and fill it w/some SEAFOAM. Put the rest in the fuel tank. Run the engine for 5 mins. on muffs and let it sit o'night. The SeaFoam will clean out any water and crud in the carb. Stabil makes a fuel additive for gas w/ethanol in it. It keeps it from separating out and disperses the water. I use it w/each tankfull. I also add a can of SeaFoam to the fuel twice a year at the first and last fillups.

Back