Logo

Stuck in Reverse Part 2 Part 1 posted on July 9th

85_wellcraft

"I was having trouble with it

"I was having trouble with it stuck completely in reverse. I got it home and tested it and now it works in reverse properly and neutral properly and the throttle works properly, but it will not go into drive. I checked the cables all the way from the engine to the shifter and they work fine. I checked the shifter and it works fine too. Any information would really be appreciated. I am not much of a mechanic but I have to start somewhere."

"with the engine off, and shif

"with the engine off, and shifter in neutral does the prop spin smoothly ? no clicking ?

When you put the shifter in Forward and you spin the prop, counter-clockwise, does it click ? how about clockwise?

When you put the shifter in Reverse, and you spin the prop, clockwise, does it lock? and does it make a HARD rachet counter-clockwise ?

If yes to #3 then you should be able to adjust the cable, but you typically adjust the one that goes to the drive, not the shifter. there is a "Throw" adjustment to that might give you a little more throw or push-pull on the cable. Moving the adjustment closer to the shift cable side will increase, sometimes then loosen and reduce the throwm

sometimes the cable needs to be replace too.. among otherthings."

Back