Logo

Mag MPI Not firing injectors

P

paston1

Well I finally got the boat of

Well I finally got the boat of my dreams. Only problem is the injectors are not Firing. Before I go parts swapping can anyone point me in the direction as where to get a Mercury flow chart to diagnose this problem. It is a 96 model 502 magnum MPI serial number begins with OF...

"I have checked the fuses, all

"I have checked the fuses, all seem ok. I have checked the injectors with a test light. I have power to the injectors. They just will not fire the fuel. I would love to find a Merc servcie manual so I can chase and test."

"The service book starts with

"The service book starts with "Hook up scan tool" so there isn't much else to go on beyond the basics. If you have +12V to the injectors, adequate fuel pressure, and the injectors aren't firing, you need to check the driver circuits in the ECU and the dedicated grounds for them. the only other "no fuel" condition I can think occurs when the distributor reference pulse doesn't make it to the ECU."

This is the scenario. 42# fuel

This is the scenario. 42# fuel preesure. 12 volt signal to injector (test light light's). I need to know how to check the injector driver circuits. The distibutor has a new pickup installed. You seem like you have seen this before

"only seen it on a TBI and tha

"only seen it on a TBI and that was years ago. Haven't touched an MPI - not a marine one anyway.

The high end scan tools have an injector tester harness. w/o that, you only have voltage readings, maybe. I can check the manual tomorrow."

That would be great. If I coul

That would be great. If I could find where the grounds and the OHM and V readings I could start to diagnose this thing

tim - found something to at le

tim - found something to at least get you started. will email it to the AOL account later this evening - four or five files - firewall/router issues phohibit sending right now

"guess i should have checked h

"guess i should have checked here before sending the email...BT comes thru again, thanks!"

Back