Logo

Default "This is a 4 stroke with low h

"This is a 4 stroke with low hours. I have installed a new fuel/water filter, new bulb, dumped old gas and added Startron to new gas. I replaced all four needle valves and seats (they were stuck close from old gas last year). I had the carbs soaked in a solution and serviced. The motor will idle fine and runs up thru the power band OK as long as the prop is not engaged. As soon as I put a load on it or try to plane off, it bogs down and will not run. Feels like a fuel starvation, but I am not sure. Could this be fuel pump related, or possibly electrical in nature? Although I did not mess with carb settings, could they be out of sync? I would think if it is a fuel restriction, it would run rough, even with no prop engagement. I am confused by the way it is reacting under the load condition vs. just using the throttle to run up the RPMs. Any help or suggestions are appreciated."

Default I have the same problem and ha

I have the same problem and have tried the same solutions .Have had compression tested etc and also installed a new water pump and carb no sucess. Let meknow if you have found a solution