Logo

1984 40HP Mariner Fuel Connector Question

jtjr09

I have a 1984 Mariner that is

I have a 1984 Mariner that is a Yamaha built mariner. I need to purchase a new fuel connect for connecting my hose to the outboard. Does anyone know the proper part # and manufacter for it?

"Joe, I am not aware of a part

"Joe, I am not aware of a part number from Merc or Yami for that.

It's a (standard) bayonette style "Yamaha" fuel line connector (fits Yamaha and numerous smaller Merc motors).

Typically available to take either 1/4" or 3/8" inch fuel line.

If you live in the U.S. or Canada, stop in any Walmart, sell for about 5 bucks...

The bayonette style for Johnson/Evinrude looks almost the same but will not fit.

288434.jpg
"

"Thanks. One other question i

"Thanks. One other question i need an impeller kit and a thermostat for the motor, do you know the part numbers for them."

"Merc stocks the parts -

"Merc stocks the parts -

99080M - thermostat (over 50 bucks) and
47-99971M - impeller (almost 60 bucks)

If you have a Yami dealer handy you can check with them. Don't have the part numbers, but can tell them you are after parts to fit a model 40 FE/FM - may be able to help you out and save you a few bucks too...

Unfortunately, the aftermarket places (like Sierra) never saw the market on these motors as "big enough" to produce parts, so you are kinda stuck with OEM..."

So buying a water pump kit off

So buying a water pump kit off this website for a 40hp Mariner will not be the right one? Same thing with a thermostat??

"It would if it was listed und

"It would if it was listed under the "Mariner" parts - I don't see that Andrew has a listing for an impeller for a 40C mariner on the sierra parts list. You can NOT use regular Merc parts.

Even from a Merc dealer, parts specifically for the Yami/Mariners have part numbers that most often end with an "M".

There is Merc/Mariners which are an entirely different motor...."

Back