Logo

D120 S130 Installation toosnugafit

bunyipdream

"Hi,

I'm replacing a MD

"Hi,

I'm replacing a MD7B/120S with D1-20/130S. The original engine went in before the deck went on - some 26 years previous. The tank is behind the leg and close in and I've only got 54cms of clearance between the ring and the cockpit floor.

As I see it I have three options for installation of the leg:
1) pull out the tank so I can lean the head towards the transom and curl it in. Assumes the head room will be enough.
2)cut a hole in the cockpit to give me enough room. Big hole and significant make good afterwards.
3)split the lower leg from the gear head and push the lower up and re-attach in situ. Assumes the 130S can split in this way - I dont know yet? (the 120S can).

I'd any advice on this, particularly on option three.

I place the order for the engine as soon as I can resolve this part of the installation.

Regards
Tony"

"It is one more option:
Cut o

"It is one more option:
Cut out the bottom, lower down the package and install, then up and laminate the bottom back again! Did that once on a Maxi 84, but not to recommend unless You have access to a Saxe lift or fork lift!!
If You take future service into the calculation, I would suggest to cut out the cock-pit floor and make a proper hatch."

"Thanks Morten,

I didnt wan

"Thanks Morten,

I didnt want to disturb the current base, but when I get the S20 out I'll look give cutting the bottom more more thought.

The current engine has presented me with considerable maintenance challenges already so the top cut and hatch does make sense.

Regards
Tony"

Back