Logo

Cant get over 10mph and a 1000rpms

"Brian Regan: [i]"Why do t

"Brian Regan: "Why do they call it a softball"
You ever take a line shot to the face with a softball? You don't go, "Hey! That's downy soft! That was like a big ball of cotton! Hey, don't worry about that.that's blood light! We're playin' softball! We're all gonna float around like angels!""

"Hello, new to sight,i have a

"Hello, new to sight,i have a 1993 seaswirl 351 omc had the exact same problem with mine,First time out this season running hot would not rev over 1000 rpm in gear, ran myself crazy changing impeller water pump,flushed lines pulled outdrive thinking it was a bearing problem nothing.When i looked inside the exhaust boot with the drive pulled both of the exhaust flappers were down inside the y pipe and were blocking the exhaust of the engine causing the engine to 1-overheat 2 loss of power same as you are having, like sticking a potato in your exhaust. was told that i had to pull engine to get them out but i was able to use a long drill bit and hammer and break them into 2 pieces to get them out. you may want to pull your heat riser/s and look into pipe to see if the flapper has melted due to extreme heat and has fallen into the exhaust causing your problem,I never thought that could have been my issue.Runnig fine now"

Back