Logo

1986 chris craft 187 scorpion

homerl

Regular Contributor
Anyone know the size of the ga

Anyone know the size of the gas tank in this boat?I want to make sure the gauge is working properly.The tank was 3/4 full and topping up took 8 gallons.Thanks.

"I have a 1985 chris craft sco

"I have a 1985 chris craft scorpion 187 and it has a 30 gallon tank...15 gallons per half tank, 7.5 per quarter tank. If you went from 3/4 to full with 8 gallons I'd say you have the same size tank (1/4 X 30 is about = 8)."

"Thank-you george,I was thinki

"Thank-you george,I was thinking it might of been bigger.I guess you really need to watch your fuel on a fairly long trip.My 305ci motor is not shy around a gas can lol."

"You are welcome Dave. I don&

"You are welcome Dave. I don't know much, but that one I thought I knew!! I also looked at another "scorpion" (Bigger boat / 26 feet or so) and I learned that it had a huge gas tank compared to our boats(60 + gallons). I just didn't want you thinking you has a 60 + gallon tank, or that your guage was bad. All the best, George"

Does anyone know a good place

Does anyone know a good place to get an owner's manual for an 85' Scorpion 186? Just bought one and needs a good going over.
Tony

Boats rarely have owner's

Boats rarely have owner's manuals with any useful info. The manual for the engine and drive however you should get.

"Thanks Robert. I was able to

"Thanks Robert. I was able to get the manual from the previous owner and you are absolutely correct about the usefulness of the information.

I have another question to throw out to everyone:

The insulation on the black wires attached to the trim senders on my outboard transom has apparently wore through and shorted out. I need to replace the wires as they have fried and now crumble to the touch. I can't just attach another wire to the existing ones and pull the new ones through because of this condition. Does any one know how to do this? The transom is in the up position and I don't know if it needs to be in another position to get these wires through (?). if so, how can I move it without power? Any help would be appreciated!"

Back