Logo

Chrysler 55 Spark Problems

rikfixit

My 55 chrysler outboard is run

My 55 chrysler outboard is running on one cylinder I am only getting spark to one coil. I checked non spark coil and plug by changing with firing cylinders coil and plug and ran the same so must not be coils . Any idea?

"Sounds like points then. You

"Sounds like points then. You may have the battery ignition. Are your coils mounted on the side of the motor?

You can clean those points as they had a great hard surface on them. The "low teck" way to test the condensers is to cross them to the 12 volts neg to can and pos to wire-- then count to 10 and ground the wire to the can for a spark. Set to .020 and try again. If the coil is bad and real expensive,-- any early automotive coil with points will do (resistor type)."

Thank you for taking the time

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. Before i go trying to removing flywheel to clean points could this have anything to do with problem The guy i bought the boat off said he just wired a replacement key ignition and may of connected wrong wire at back or does the fact that it is getting spark to one coil rule out that theory of maybe wrong wiring at key.

Back