Logo

Shift interrupt switch now with shift plate

riverdiver

"I have to replace my interrup

"I have to replace my interrupt switch,after I had some docking problems. It would have been funny if it was not me.
It now comes on a large plate that will not bolt up on top of my tappet cover on y 1986 140 merc. Has anyone ran into this?"

"Where does it bolt up ? or wh

"Where does it bolt up ? or who is selling this to you that is saying it doesn't ?

"OLD Design"

14 39670A28 SWITCH ASSEMBLY, CUT-OUT 1 $73.98 $62.88 <<<-- Just the switch (yea, thats' a good price-NOT)

1 807962 SHIFT BRACKET ASSEMBLY (EARLY MODELS) 1 $84.99 $72.24

Even the new design I found uses the same switch, but with the Spring assist.

288090.gif
shift

"As an aside... after having t

"As an aside... after having troubles shifting into reverse on an intermittent basis some many years ago, I've since gotten into the habit of momentarily shifting into reverse to make sure it works as I approach my slip, well before I need to."

Brian
That is a old set up.

Brian
That is a old set up.
the newer models have a different configuration.
they sold him the newer configuration.

the switch itself is different.

recheck for newer models where ever you got that pic and look closer and repost with the newer switch.

"Check this out and compare th

"Check this out and compare the two and note the differences. I believe this is what is wrong with what he purchased,

288096.jpg
"

Yes that is now the new one. I

Yes that is now the new one. I had them give me a copy of the Mercury service bulletin. The new shift plate kit developed to replace the old ones. Mine the old one switch number 39670A22 is replaced with 86436A 1 . And now is a transom mount.

I remember someone posting tha

I remember someone posting that the old switch is available at one of the forklift parts center; Clarke?

"Ed Johnsick
I ran into the s

"Ed Johnsick
I ran into the same problem on my 4 cyl. I had to manufacture a 1/4" thick aluminum plate to mount the newer plate onto, I then drilled the plate to match the valve cover bolt pattern. A real PITA but it works.
The instruction that came with the newer plate indicated a remote mount for the new plate where ever it was handy?
Good Luck
Bert"

"It was DougRussell.com, guess

"It was DougRussell.com, guess their info is getting old, even their NEW design with shift assist shows the same old number."

Back