Logo

Honda bf40a gas leak when prime%60

tifool

Gas leaking out hose when i pr

Gas leaking out hose when i prime before starting. Do i have to rebuild carbs. Only one line leaking

"I may not have been clear. Wh

"I may not have been clear. When I squeez prime bulb, gas leaks out of tube from carb.Motor runs but then stals after about a min. I think I need to clean carbs. Neve did this and it appears complicated. I would like to learn."

The inlet needle valve is not

The inlet needle valve is not seating. Either the float is stuck or the valve is worn. Basically a simple job.

"Some Honda carbs have a carb

"Some Honda carbs have a carb bowl drain.
If the hose is out of the bottom of the carb, the carb bowl drain valve is not closed all the way. If its a tube from higher up on the carb, see Tony's post, above."

"Thanks,
My engine is a bf40a

"Thanks,
My engine is a bf40a, Three carbs. I have to admit it looks very complicated. I keep boat on a lift so taking it to repair is major job. I would like to do myself. Does anybody have step by step instructions? Removing bowl etc. Like I said I'm new at boats."

Either get the HONDA factory m

Either get the HONDA factory manual or the SELOC one for sale by the folks who host this website.

"If the engine has been sittin

"If the engine has been sitting for a long time, with old fuel, you may have to rebuild the carbs. It is recommended to use an ultrasonic cleaner."

"OK, I put cdarb cleaner direc

"OK, I put cdarb cleaner directly in to the carb in top drain line. Let it stand for a couple days drained then started. It ran very well for about 5 min then when I put in gear and gave more throttle it struggled and colapsed the prime bulb then stalled. It appears I'm getting there. Why did the prime bulb colapse? It is still leaking fuel from drains. I guess I have to take carbs apart. Ordered manual."

"Did you open the vent on the

"Did you open the vent on the gas tank (portable tanks) or with built in tanks, is the vent line pinched or vent port plugged? Perhaps the anti siphon valve in the tank is stuck ..."

"I did open vent. However, I w

"I did open vent. However, I will check for vent port and line pinch. Also anti siphon valve.

Thanks, I'm getting there"

Solved the problem it was the

Solved the problem it was the check valve in the tank. Thanks.

Can start and runs but gas still coming out air vent tube at a fast rate. Sespect stuck float. then it stalls at highte rpm. I did get the SELOC book and look to remove carb assy and clean Any suggestions

Back