Logo

150 yamaha outboard

bobdog60

I took the battery out to char

I took the battery out to charge I put it back in. Now nothing works. no power anywhere not even the trim. Is there a fuse somewhere that I don't know about. I checked the ones on the motor they all look good. Thanks for your help

Aloha Bob
Does your boat have

Aloha Bob
Does your boat have a battery selector switch the one that is for 2 battery hook up. If you do then try to play with the switch turn the knob back and foward to you see any power come on. If this fails then try recleaning the terminals. Let me know what happens and I will look in my trouble shooting in my manual to see what other problems it coulb be. Oh and I know you just charged the battery but try and check it with a voltage tester

"thanks for your help it has j

"thanks for your help it has just one battery the battery is full charge,All fuses on outboard are good. the trim button on the outboard won't work the gas gauge won't work. help lost in Idaho"

"Aloha Bob
Try to check to se

"Aloha Bob
Try to check to see if you have power to your GPS,VHF,FISHFINDER ETC and if you do then that will help me help you figure this out. The other is that I see you mention that there is no power at key but power at starter try and trace the wire from the motor up to the ignition to see if there is a loose connection between the the motor and ignition and try to clean the ground terminal on the motor it self. Let me know what happens and I will look in to it more."

I replaced all fuses. There wa

I replaced all fuses. There was a bad 50amp fuse I learn that if they look good they still could be bad. live and learn. Thanks for your help. Gone fishing!!

Back