Logo

OMC KING COBRA STALLS

jcol75

I have a 1995 7.4 F.I 454. Wi

I have a 1995 7.4 F.I 454. Will start than die. I checked the fuel pumps and filter all o.k. Any Ideas. Please help. John

"Thanks for the reply Bob. It

"Thanks for the reply Bob. It stalls like turing off the key. This problem started at the end of last year. I was hot rodding and wasent paying attention to the engine temp. She shut down, and when cooled off this happened. Also the shift solnoid started to smoke so I replaced that. I turn the key and starts right up than dies. Do you think it could be a crankshaft sensor?"

"Not sure what to tell you Joh

"Not sure what to tell you John, could be but I'm sure the oil pressure switch (not sender) would also do it. You don't want to start throwing parts at, I would call around and see how much someone would charge to hook up to the ECM, there must be a code. I'm assuming you've already checked the ignition switch and safety lanyard (kill switch) if you have one for loose wires?"

"Hello Bob, I checked the saft

"Hello Bob, I checked the safty and kill switch, also the ignition. I call around and have the ECM tested. Is that the box with the two plugs mounted on the intake? If so can i remove it and have it tested?"

"That's the box but I'

"That's the box but I'm not sure if they can test it that way out of the boat or if there is another port for them to plug into. To be honest with you I've never played with one of those, best to ask them when you call."

Back