Logo

AQ170B280 LEG

scottyboy

"Hi everyone, wondering if you

"Hi everyone, wondering if you guys could help. i have just bought my first boat with an aq170b/280 leg. i took her out for my first trip and when i came back in realised the trim/tilt would not move. it was working before i went out before it went in the water. i have an orange light permamently on in the dash. when i operate the switch i hear a click in the engine bay. i have replaced the fuse, but still nothing...i am a complete novice and am at yr mercy...any ideas???? cheers"

"El P, Wow, a rapid response.

"El P, Wow, a rapid response. many thanks, although it makes no sense to me, ill try to find a bloke who can understand it.....incidentally there is an inline fuse which blew and appears to be earthed to the hull. at least i guess the guy i got the boat from knew what he was doing......"

"El PESCADOR,

Thanks for th

"El PESCADOR,

Thanks for the help, it turned out to be a faulty relay, and the spindle had siezed. Its now re lubed and working fine. This is a great site. Cheers"

"Remember.... This in NOT a tr

"Remember.... This in NOT a trim unit! It is intended for lift out only, and on rare and careful occasions can be used to raise the drive some while moving FWD only at engine idle RPM.
You should not reverse with the drive up at all.
IOW's, when the amber light is ON, do not reverse..... Do NOT power up going FWD.

If you were to "power up" while the lift unit has the drive raised (amber light ON) you can damage the unit's vice rod, crack the housing or crack the transom shield or all three!

."

Back