Logo

Oil drain for 440

highlander

"I have a 1978 Kachina boat wi

"I have a 1978 Kachina boat with a 440 Chrysler trying to change the oil no drain plug. I have been trying to do it with a manual pump for several hours not working to well any suggestions that would help, thank you."

"I assume you are trying to ge

"I assume you are trying to get the oil out through the dip stick, if so did you warm the engine up first and get the oil up to running temp? It will not pump otherwise. A fella I know takes a hose that fits over the dip stick tube snugly and pumps it that way and says it is a much faster way of doing this. Just make sure you have it snug or the air leak will prevent success."

"I had a 440; mine required th

"I had a 440; mine required the skinny tube to go inside the dipstick holder. Yes, hot oil."

Most do use the skinny tube an

Most do use the skinny tube and I don't know if this was something that the guy made himself or not. But it sure sped up the process.

Thank you for all the help i a

Thank you for all the help i actually got a 3/16 brake line cut the end off grinded the outside of the line all the way around then put a rubber hose around it with a hose clamp then ran the hose from it inside my pump inlet hose and clamped it and an hour later 6 quarts of used oil gone and ready for new thank you for the help Charles Williams

Back