Logo

Throttle cable

B

bobbyj202

"I noticed today I have about

"I noticed today I have about an 1/8" play in the throttle cable. It doesnt look like the spring is messed up but its throwing my idle off. I can go back there and move back and forth about 1/8". is that too much play? does it need adjustment? I did have the carb off recently but was very careful with the cable so this kind of thing wouldnt happen, go figure...its a mercruiser 350 mag ,carb."

See if a little turn of the id

See if a little turn of the idle speed screw will take up the slack.

"I have been messing with it a

"I have been messing with it already, I can physicaly move it 1/8" back and forth. the idle will go back to where its set and sometimes it hangs up a tiny bit making the idle higher until i push it back by hand.. Do you think its just the spring? or maybe the arm on the carb needs to be lubed a tiny bit? maybe its sticky?? this throws off my idel from the normal 600 to a higher 800-900 and if i go back there and give it a nudge it goes back to where its suppose to be on the screw.."

You can adjust the brass truni

You can adjust the brass trunion nut until there is no more slack. It's a simple adjustment. But first check and see if the stud on the carb throttle linkage that the cable connects to is tight.

"I will check linkage first th

"I will check linkage first then adjust that trunion if needed, thanks a lot Guy.."

Back