Logo

Vp aq130

chuckyt

does any one know if I can get

does any one know if I can get a distributor or a rebuild kit for a bosch 0231153012. I have exhaust any resource I can find the boat is a californian model year 1975. Please help

"Chuck,

You can get a new d

"Chuck,

You can get a new distributor through Volvo Penta, but my guess is it will cost you over $1000 bucks. Here is a link, which also advertises a "repair kit" for your distributor, though I am not quite sure what the kit consists of.

http://www.volvopentastore.com/DISTRIBUTOR_831785/dm/cart_id.963744532--qty_3022 84.1--session_id.647147955--store_id.366--view_id.317416--viewcart.long

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/pc/VOL-273521-5/99990003/Volvo+Penta/REPAIR+KIT+V olvo+Penta+273521-5.html

You can try to source a used distributor through a VP boneyard. Also, they come every now and then for auction at eBay."

Please share the results of yo

Please share the results of your search...I may be in the same "boat" some day since I have the same exact distributor. Thanks.

"RE: "I am not quite sure

"RE: "I am not quite sure what the kit consists of."

Based on the parts diagram and the price, my guess is that its just a metal or plastic washer. Exactly how much "Volvo" anything can one buy for under $5.00?"

"Robert, I was hopeful it woul

"Robert, I was hopeful it would include a couple of springs, but then the Volvo Penta price would be more like $500 (per spring).

Just kidding (or maybe not).
wink.gif
"

"Chuck,

What exactly is wro

"Chuck,

What exactly is wrong with the distributor?
Is there excess play (sidewise) in the main shaft?"

"You might want to check store

"You might want to check stores that stock parts for the old Volkswagons or a junk yard that specializes in Volvo and other European cars. If you ask around, you may find someone who still has an old Sun distributior machine. With that they may also have the parts to replace bushings or springs as needed.

Again, there are some of us with the older pushrod engines who would like to hear how you make out."

Back