Logo

tips for cleaning the high pressure fuel pump filter in the vst

pullinin

i want to replace the filter o

i want to replace the filter on the high pressure fuel pump in the VST. I was looking at my manual and it looks involved. How long should it take and are there any tricks or tips that might help? Besides the filter and main gasket is there anything else that should be replaced with new parts? thanks.

sorry i forgot to put that it

sorry i forgot to put that it is an '02 4stroke F115. i just serviced my injectors and am getting ready to change the filter on the high pressure pump. How long did it take you to do that? does that fuel clamp need to be replaced? i want to make sure i have all the parts needed before i take it apart. What do i need for sure? thanks

"Aloha
I don't know if th

"Aloha
I don't know if the F115 is the same as an F150 four storke vst setup. I will look it up for you in my manual but if it is it should only take you about 30 minutes to get to the vst. On my vst
there is only a rubber o ring type of gasket that is on the vst it self and so is the intake and injectors. I reused all of my gasket the only thing that I replaced was the vst fillter if I can be anymore help let me know. Oh yeah the other thing you relly need is 10mm,12mm,13mm and a long nose plier and that should do it or at least that what I used on my 2005 F150 yamaha four storke outboard."

Aloha
If the fuel clamp still

Aloha
If the fuel clamp still looks in good condition you can still use it. If it looks like it is not in working order then yeah change that clamp because it has to hold alot of fuel pressure. Also check the rubber gaskets that are between the intake manifold and the injectors and make sure they are not damaged in anyway if not damged then you can reuse them too. Let me know how it's coming
Aloha Keoni Llanes

Aloha
Hay I was wondering how

Aloha
Hay I was wondering how the vst was coming along

"thanks for the replies keoni,

"thanks for the replies keoni, have to wait until next week to order the parts. once i have everything then i will tackle it. i think i will have my mechanic friend help me out the first time. i am going to have replacement gaskets on hand before i do it. i did just have my injectors serviced and the motor is running ok but i can tell it's not top shape."

Aloha Danny
That sounds good

Aloha Danny
That sounds good and I hope everything works out fine for you.
Aloha Keoni Llanes

"Aloha Keoni,
I have a 2007 F

"Aloha Keoni,
I have a 2007 F150 Yamaha that will not turn up. I believe I got a bad tank of fuel from a BP station. I took it to the dealer,2 weeks and $400 later the engine ran great. They changed the spin-off filter, the filter in front of the engine and two others that they say I cannot get to with out taking apart the engine. Where are the other 2 filters?
That "fix" lasted one 8 hr trip off shore, now it will not run over 3200RPMs. I changer out the spin- off filter (10 mic) and the one in front of the engine and the problem is not solved.
Can I change the other two filters with out effecting my warranty? Where are da kine other filters located, is there a site I can go to to see some pictures of what I need to take apart?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark"

Back