Logo

Engine starts to die after 3500 rpm

chirojoe

"I have a 351 king cobra on a

"I have a 351 king cobra on a 94 Four Winns 210. Over the past several years I have noticed a drop in my top speed (usually hit 53mph). Now I cant get over 35mph. At around 3500 rpm if I push the throttle any further the engine starts to lose power as the speed and rpms drop. The engine runs great up to that point. We have changed fuel filters, cleaned injectors, drained tank and put in new fuel, and ran new fuel lines as well. Its still sounds to me like the engine is trying to suck fuel but something is preventing it. My mechanic also checked on the computer for any fault code and nothing. The boat has been maintained professionally and stored indoors over the winters. Figure this one out and I'll by you dinner."

Did you check your anti-syphon

Did you check your anti-syphon valve? Should be where the fuel line connects to the tank. Could be gunked up. Also check tank vent line for dirt dobbers.

Sounds like few good places to

Sounds like few good places to check. I will ask my mechanic if he dealt with those locations when he replaced the fuel lines.
Thanks for the come back.

Back