Logo

35 sears gamefisher Tecumseh 6293 wonbt start in water but will on dry land

kincaid1957

I bought this used believed 19

I bought this used believed 1977 motor and it starts and runs great out of water. Put it in water and I can pull all day and it won't start. Take it out and it starts right up. Put back it water and fires but won't start. Does anyone out there know what is my problem back here in WV?Thanks

I have a 3hp gamefisher. And a

I have a 3hp gamefisher. And am in WV. I had the same problem. There are two exhaust holes on muffler and one port on bottom by prop. If the two upper are in water it won't start. Also my lower was clogged with dirt check that.

"Roger- that sounds like a bad

"Roger- that sounds like a bad bottom crank seal just starting to go. If you have exhausted all avenues, that go with this motor, you might try the seal test putting the power head on the bench up side down and soak the seal with wd-40. Turn with the starter and look for bubbles.

Did that book ever show up? seems I got the ".net" and ".Com" backwards.?"

William- Sorry I have not resp

William- Sorry I have not responded back quicker but I have been away. I have not had time to work on motor. I will try what you have stated. The book has not showed up so if you could please try once again.

Back