Logo

570A hp

tank

Hi
Can you tell me the hp an

Hi
Can you tell me the hp and year on a volvo 570A 868273 4100124585
this has a holy carb and looks very stock.
I have seen many # 307hp being the biggest what is the different in them? looks like they have the same 9.3 com is it all in the cam any way to get the cam spec? Do they just tern them harder I see dif rev limiters up to 5200 rmp.

Tanks

"Many of these engine HP ratin

"Many of these engine HP ratings are rated at various rpm. This is of course a misnomer for us marine guys...... we don't run our cruiser engines at 5,200 rpm.
Example: the 315 hp 5.7L Vortec is rated at either 5,100 or 5,200 rpm.... duh!

Realistically, the hp is likely closer to 260.

What are your reasons for the question? Just curious!"

I never said my boat was a cru

I never said my boat was a cruiser.
what are your reasons for asking me Y I ask this?
I would like to know the year to any help with that?
Sorry I just read this and it might sound a little off! Not trying to be a wise aXX but Y do u ask me Y
and Is it not smart to know what HP your boat is? hows this for a answer? #1 ins company asked me.
#2It will help me chose a prop.
#3 I know how big or heavy a boat I can install in.
Tanks Brian

"Brain, The 570 is still in th

"Brain, The 570 is still in the AQ series engine/drive category. 570 meaning 5.7L.
It should be a successor to the 260 hp enigne. Maybe you could find more info doing a search using "volvo 570A 868273 4100124585".

FYI: We don't choose a prop via horse power alone...... We choose a propller by either a suggestion by the OEM, or we perform a WOT RPM test and by trying a series of propellers until we reach the desired WOT RPM.

See your OEM specs for this WOT RPM!
I'd not recommend deviating from this if you want longevity from this engine..... cruiser or rocker boat.... it doesn't matter!

."

"OK
{FYI: We don't choos

"OK
{FYI: We don't choose a prop via horse power alone}
I never said you do! I said it would help.
(we perform a WOT RPM test and by trying a series of propellers until we reach the desired WOT RPM.} DA Yes each HP has a different WOT!
HOW do I do this if I cant determine WOT RPM for my motor?
The black box, rev limiter was missing when I got it. I have found several rpm limiters 3800 4500 5200
all vary with HP witch is IT?
Please stop talking down to me.
Tanks Brian
PS the year any help with that?
Ps I did the search thing."

"Brian, go to this link and in

"Brian, go to this link and in the "marine engines" field type 570A.

http://www.volvo.com/volvopenta/global/en-gb/marine_leisure_engines/engines/out_ of_production_engines/out_of_production_engines.htm

You will get the following information and also a link to download the owner's manual.

Technical data

Engine 570A

Production period 1989-1993

Operation 4-stroke

Cylinder configuration V-8

Bore (mm) 101.6

Stroke (mm) 88.4

Compression ratio 9.3:1

Displacement (litres) 5.73

Power (hp) 275

Max engine speed (rpm) 4600

You are welcome."

"Brian, There you have it on a

"Brian, There you have it on a Silver plate.... little work, little effort.
Thank you El P! That was very generous of you!

Brain, This is a forum where many people come for advice as a result of simply not knowing this themselves..... or from not having the skills to do this and that themselves!
Those of us, like El P and many others, respond doing so with little reward, other than the satisfaction of having helped someone.
All is being offered to these people on a complimentary basis.
Most are, at the very least, appreciative and seldom feel like they are being talked "Down" to (as you put it).

My apologies to you if you thought that my response was in any way condescending. I do not see it that way, nor was it my intent.

. "

"Ricardo,

You are 100% corr

"Ricardo,

You are 100% correct. I, as well as thousands of other people are grateful that tech's like yourself and El. Pescador help with our common problems. Everybody from COMPLETE novice's to intermediate boat owners come here for your EXPERT advise. I much appriciate that and always will!!thanks guys for your time and effort in everything I have ever asked! And If asked I have Red Lobster Gift Certificates waiting for both you guys as a gift of my gratitude!!"

Hi El Pescador is that from th

Hi El Pescador is that from the Donzi boat name?
THANKS for the info.
I did the search and did not fined that page.
the search led me here.
If I was off with the ? But I don't see how I apologize!
Ricardo E you should learn not to insult people!
I don't need some one telling me you don't run your boat wot---DAH
I am trying to prop the boat and need RPM range to run and need to know motor size for rpm spec.
Y is this such a bad ? That you would attack me like that?
JCH What did I do wrong?

RE: "I don't need some

RE: "I don't need some one telling me you don't run your boat wot---DAH "

In all fairness to Ricardo's comment about WOT... a surprising number of folks who post on this forum don't know that.

"Brian, no, the nick just refl

"Brian, no, the nick just reflects my favourite hobby (in Spanish, El Pescador = The Fisherman).

You are welcome. I hope you found the link to the 570A owner's manual; if not, this one should work.

http://vppneuapps.volvo.com/ww/PIE/ViewFileFrame.aspx?n=172216&r=2006-02-16-17-1 3-25&t=PDF&a=7746303&p=T403&d=Owners%20Publication&s=15660459&lang=en-GB

Brian, if I may I would like to state with due respect that I do not see how/where Ricardo has insulted or attacked you. In my view, he has tried to help you and frankly speaking I have raised my eyebrows when reading your responses. I assume that you may not have liked some of the wording of Ricardo's posts, but I think you should keep in mind that e-mail or message boards are quite different than face to face conversations, and many statements that are not intended to be rude or confrontational could be seen as such. If you felt insulted, perhaps asking politely Ricardo for clarification either at the board or privately by e-mail would have been a better approach (just my opinion).

Anyway, I believe you did not come to this board looking for a fight, but rather looking for some information. I'm glad you found it and if you have any further questions, please just feel free to post."

{I believe you did not come to

{I believe you did not come to this board looking for a fight} No I did not
cool name I to enjoy fishing
Thanks for your help I relay did try to search elsewhere for info I thought this was a good please to ask sorry if the ? was inappropriate.
Thanks
Brian

"When we participate on a foru

"When we participate on a forum, it becomes "Interactive"! Key strokes and written words may not be sufficient to get the point across.
So I am adding a little clarification regarding my earlier comment;
"Example: the 315 hp 5.7L Vortec is rated at either 5,100 or 5,200 rpm.... duh!"
The "Duh" was to be a general "duh" and was actually aimed at the likes of GM, and other engine marinizers, who rate and advertise these marine engines <u>at an RPM where we do not run them.</u>

My "Duh" was aimed at this group for doing such a disservice for marine use..... and was certainly not aimed at the OP (original poster)........ and was also in hopes of pointing this out to all of us!
Remember, not just those involved in a particular thread may be reading it for the information. Lots of on-lookers read these as well! When I respond to a thread, I try to do so in a way that helps on-lookers also.

BTW, in my opinion an FYI is a polite gesture for your information. Meaning that; "you may or may not know this, but ___________ " and so on.
It should be taken as an informational lead-in, not necessarily a lead-in for a derogatory statement.

Fair nuff?

."

Back