Logo

Honda BF225 Need help reseting the ECM for o2 sensors

skycat081

Could someone please explain

Could someone please explain in easy terms how to reset the ECM for o2 sensor always throwing codes. Been replaced 4 times.

Thanks
B

"Bryce - that should not be ha

"Bryce - that should not be happening. It is an indicator that water is getting way up into the exhaust ports. That blows the HO2 sensors and can possibly ingest water into the cylinders under the right circumstances, which in turn can blow the engine.

Check the serial number on your engine. If your SN falls into these ranges, then you need to have the exhaust pipes replaced with modified ones.
BAGJ 1000-001 to 1500-324
BAHJ 1000-001 to 1500-022.
All this is covered in Honda Service Bulletin #56. It is a warranty repair. If your engine is out of warranty, then be nice to the dealer and he may be able to get "goodwill consideration" from Honda. You can e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send a copy of the service bulletin. It's too big to post on this site."

"Hello, to reset the computer

"Hello, to reset the computer engine you need connect a short Peleg into the red plag which is the front, after a connection on the engine you have to give 5 Soi"tz during 20 seconds without a starter, or passed through it to connect with a computer diagnostic reset."

"this is the shortcat plag<[im

"this is the shortcat plag
287097.jpg
"

"G'day Bryce, despite comm

"G'day Bryce, despite common belief, O2sensors dont ONLY fail due to water ingress back into the exhaust. The reason for the concern you have, may well be that the engines * auto diagnosis* system, has logged a fault code into the ECU, this code needs to be cleared before the ECU can accurately diagnose any further codes for that specific sensor. Your dealer * should* have a very basic PC program from Honda, that allows for not only diagnosis, but also removal of any logged codes, and a re-test function. Its a 3 minute job, to be honest, it takes longer to get the program running, than to do the tests.If your dealer dosnt have the *Dr H* , program ( available only to authorised Honda Dealers ), it may be worth your while, finding one thats does have it. Good luck."

"Jon - Question for you - I th

"Jon - Question for you - I thought the ECM fault codes were logged and stored, as you indicate. But I also thought that the ECM reset itself, and continued to monitor for any subsequent fault codes, even additional faults from the same sensor. The HDS program then reads all the fault codes, including multiple fault codes from the same sensor up to the time of the HDS hook up. Am I wrong in that?"

"honda bf225 overheat alarm co

"honda bf225 overheat alarm comes on when engine idles for more than 20 seconds more or less.I have removed thermostats and swaped sensors from my other engine, can someone help"

Back