Logo

Electrical and fuel pump issues

moyes99

"I have a Glastron GX185, with

"I have a Glastron GX185, with a 4.3L Volvo Penta GX-L-A. I was at the lake and throttled up to plane when the engine shut off. I discovered that the fuel pump was not receiving electricity to it. The fuel pump works when it is directly connected to power. I changed both the fuel pump relay and the starter relays; and that didn't work. I do not have any power going into the red/purple wire that connects to the fuel pump relay. I traced it back and also don't have any power going to the 7.5 amp fuse. (By the way, I checked all the fuses and they are still good). I rechecked all my grounds, and didn't have an issue. I suspect that there is a problem with my 50 amp circuit breaker (ignition protected), but am not sure if that would cause the problem, or how to test it. Any ideas?"

"If you have the Seloc manual,

"If you have the Seloc manual, check page 7-46. According to that drawing, the fuel pump is being fed via a 6 Amp circuit breaker (which is fed from the 50 Amp breaker). The power to the relay coil comes from the ignition switch via a yellow/red wire, a diode, then an orange wire. It shouldn't be too difficult with a multimeter and the drawing at hand to test what's going on."

Back