Logo

Honda BF15A not getting water

ganz13

"I had an impeller chewed up s

"I had an impeller chewed up so I cleaned the rubber pieces in the system out and changed the whole pump kit and t-stat & gaskets. Everything looks fine but it won't pump water. It had a stream for 1 minute after everything was back together but it died off. Air goes thru fine, nothing seems blocked. Can someone throw me a life line here I've had it back apart 3 times and can't find anything. I'm ready to toss it off the bridge. Thanks for ANY help.

Steve"

Sounds like a gasket to the ex

Sounds like a gasket to the exhaust is blown and over powering your water pump. Just 2 places to look is the exhaust cover and the head gasket. On rare instances the base gasket will do that. But would go after the exhaust first and clean the baffle plate so you can hold it up to the sun and look for pin holes.

Thanks for the tips. I did get

Thanks for the tips. I did get it last night though. Turns out there wasn't a good seal between the shaft and impeller housing. I put another new impeller in there and torqued it a little harder. It did the trick. I'll remember your info for future reference.

Back