Logo

Speed fluctuates

coachl

"When running boat at a set sp

"When running boat at a set speed, speed may drop up to 4 miles and hour then back to set speed. Motor seems to run and sound fine. Any thoughts?"

"Tim, going to need way more i

"Tim, going to need way more info then that. Does the RPM fluctuate or stay consistent, are you reading this speed from a GPS, fishfinder speed (non-gps paddlewhell) or traditional water tube type speed gauge on your boat? Are you in smooth calm wind lake waters or windy salt tide prone waters? Need more info to help you with this one. - Gerry"

"Calm waters yesterday no wind

"Calm waters yesterday no winds, I'll check again but think rpms stayed the same, Boat speed from water tube type speed gauge, I know the speed drops and picks up again i can feel it in the boat"

"Tim, I would see if you can g

"Tim, I would see if you can get a portable GPS or some secondary speed measuring device and confirm the speed drop you feel. If your rpms are consistent the whole time and there is no large change in the water current you are transiting then short of some type of intermittent propeller slippage (which should give some indication of rpm increase), I am not sure what the deal might be. This is all assuming there is an actual speed change. Let us know how your next test runs go. Good Luck! - Gerry"

Back