Logo

2004 200hp Saltwater Series Stalling

silvereel

"Hey guys I'm new to the s

"Hey guys I'm new to the site and have a question concerning my 2004 200hp saltwater series. I bought the boat and motor from a friend who only put about 25 hours on the motor over 2 seasons. After the first season he had the carbs rebuilt because of gumming from the ethanol (he wasn't using a fuel treatment). He used the boat 2 seasons and never put it in the water for the 3rd. I bought it from him last year and between last year and this year the motors still have less than 100hrs. I changed all the fuel filters/ seperators, plugs, impellar,fogged it at the end of the season last year. Mid season last year after running WOT for a while when I would pull back on the throttle to slow down to fish or anchor up the motor would stall when it got down to idle. It would start right back up and idle fine when iI would go to advance the throttle it would start to advance but then it seemed to bog down and stall, if I would push the throttle hard forward and back and forward (like I was pumping the gas ) it would surge forward. But if I pulleed the throttle back it would sometimes stall and I would have to pump the throttle again. The first 2 trips this year it ran fine and I could pull back and advance the throttle no problem, but I was out fishing today and it started acting up again. Sorry for the long post but wanted to explain the problem the best I could. Any help would be greatly appreciated."

Still sounds like there are &#

Still sounds like there are "cooties" in the carb. Your symptoms are indicative of a partial clog in the float valve.

Would running a bottle of Merc

Would running a bottle of Mercury Quickleen through be a remedy for this. I use Startron religiously.

"It couldn't hurt, but oft

"It couldn't hurt, but often times the carb will have to be torn down to correct it - but certainly give it a try..."

Back