Logo

Evinrude V4 Flywheel Removal

stromzilla

Contributing Member
Does anyone have any suggestio

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to hold the flywheel in place while removing the large nut? I found a slotted flywheel puller that should work in pulling the flywheel after the nut is removed.

"use air impact to remove,..bu

"use air impact to remove,..but u will need something to hold it w/for inst..105 ft lbs...a standard,good quality,flywheel holder,is what is best."

"Here's a diagram for my 9

"Here's a diagram for my 9.9 Evinrude that's supposed to work for motors up to 30hp. Since yours is bigger, you'd need to enlarge the dimensions, but you get the idea.

286896.jpg
Holder"">

Made of 1/4" cold rolled steel, it bolts into the same holes you would use for the flywheel puller."

"Hi,ive found using a tool tha

"Hi,ive found using a tool that was designed for motor mowers works well.its a shaft you screw in to the sparkplug hole ,with a blunt piece that rests against the piston.great for flywheel removal/installation.mower shops should sell them.9.10 am sun"

"Guys - I have the flywheel re

"Guys - I have the flywheel removal tool. It's the flywheel holder that I was hoping to find...and by using a bit of my snowmobile knowledge, it turns out I have what I need. The Yamaha snowmobile clutch holder worked perfectly, and the flywheel popped right off after a bit of tapping with my plastic mallet."

JWB - In a previous thread whe

JWB - In a previous thread when I was trying to work out a rough-running engine at low speed I finally was able to determine that my spark was excellent so then I shifted to the fuel/intake system. Further investigation revealed an air leak between the cylinder assy and the crankcase-ugh!!! So now I'm in the middle of a complete teardown which of course involves removing the flywheel. Today I had the case split apart with the crank on the table. So far so good.

Back