Logo

2001 OX66 Problems

nofish

OK I have a 2001 150 OX66 and

OK I have a 2001 150 OX66 and my problem is that it is got to where it is very hard to crank and once it cranks it smokes like a train for just a minute or 2 then when you start to get on plane (3000 PRM) it will die but the motor keeps running. You can turn the key off and it will start right back up then do the same thing but after about 3 tries it gets on plane and will run 5000 plus RPM but it might run for 300 yard or 3 miles then it loses power again and if you turn the key off it starts right back and you start all over again. I have replaced all the filters and gas pump bulb and line but it still does it so can some one please help me out here.

"It is very common for the low

"It is very common for the low pressure fuel pumps to go out on those. They are cheap and easy to fix. I would start there, and even if that isn't the problem, you will have eliminated one potential source of trouble. I think a 150 has 2 pumps, but I'm not positive. Just get the entire pumps for like $30 each instead of trying to rebuild them. see www.boats.net, for example."

"Low pressure pumps is the smo

"Low pressure pumps is the smoke and the rest is the filter inside the VST tanks,ours did the exact same thing. It get stopped up and i guess it gets just enough gas to run a short while and shuts it down to idle tell it gets more,,,,,fix our right up i would replace it Hope this helps"

Back