Logo

Oil Leaking bad from Prop

marineman43

Contributing Member
"Is this normal,?

This is a

"Is this normal,?

This is a johnson 2 stroke 50 hp 74 model.

Any help would be great.

Thank you Mike
286562.jpg
Picture

"NO, that's not normal BUT

"NO, that's not normal BUT is it actually gearlube or excess fuel/oil mixture that's running down the internal long exhaust housing?

Check the gearcase oil level and drain out a small amount of gearlube to check the color for comparison.

Thousands of parts in my remaining stock. Not able to list them all. Let me know what you need and I'll look it up for you. Visit my eBay store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

"hi, i was given a 1955 evinr

"hi, i was given a 1955 evinrude 7.5 horse motor
without a pull starter,(which i would love to have). i got it started, put it in a bucket of water with the hose running and gear lube was pouring out of the case where it splits apart just above the prpopeller and out the small (breather hole) i filled it first up to the screw hole with lube before i statrted it. i looked inside where i split the casing, there was no gasket (if needed)?? the gear lube looked like it had water in it, or was just broke down?? it was a milkish white and grey color. it does not look like it was leaking at all around the propeller shaft ? my friend took the boat out one time he said it was leaking just a little.
i mixed the oil gas mixture 8 oz of 2 cycle oil with a little over a gallon of gas,it was smokin bad! so i thinned it down with another gallon and a half of gas. duh ! i read the bottle first, it said 8 oz per gallon for a 16: to 1 ratio, maybe it is supposed to be 50: to 1, i honestly don't know
i need a pull starter for it, do you know where i can get one ? that old motor runs pretty good.
can you please help me ? god bless you ! mike"

"(MarineEngine.com - Impro

"(MarineEngine.com - Improperly Inserted Post)

Go back to the previous page and click on the "Start New Discussion" hyperlink that exists in the "Blue Border".

This will allow you to enter your question/post under your own title heading which will then appear at the top of the list.

As it now stands, your post is buried under the post of another member.

Thousands of parts in my remaining stock. Not able to list them all. Let me know what you need and I'll look it up for you. Visit my eBay store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

Back