Logo

2005 f80 power loss

rodey

Contributing Member
"my 2005 f80 efi was running o

"my 2005 f80 efi was running ok till yesterday ,
now it will start and idle fine till i put it in gear when i give it trotle from 23oo to 3600 rpm it starts running rough and vibrating,
then it will finaly get the boat on the plane and run to a max of 4600 rpm and smooth
its like its not getting fuel quick enough.
any ideas what i should do.

also were can i get a manual for my engine.
thanks"

"bit of an update,
took off v

"bit of an update,
took off vst clean out the filter today after reading some posts it seemed the same prob i was having went out to try but its still the same,
can anyone tell me about the little valve on top of the vst if i press should fuel or air come out iv pressed it and noting happens its the valve like on a car tyre,
other than that could it be anything to do with me changing the impeller that i did the other day.
thanks"

"sounds like you need to pull

"sounds like you need to pull your injectors, and soak them in yamaha quality care carb cleaner for about 6 hrs then blow them out with carb cleaner in a bottle, im willing to bet the motor will run better then it has in a while, you can get the yam quality care cleaner at any bike shop that sells yamaha bikes or jet skies, its about 11.00 for a qt bottle and you mix it 2 parts water to 1 pt cleaner, you can get about 20 cleaning jobs out of one bottle, dont get it at the marina they will charge you 50.00 for it, one last thing, if your not running one you need to get an in line 10 micron fuel filter"

"hi bruce,
thanks for the rep

"hi bruce,
thanks for the reply i pull the injectors off and clean them up il have to wait to get to the water now to test as its hard to tell while running on muffs,
while reinstalling one of the O RINGS didnt seat properly and their seems to be plenty of pressure their at he rail so hopfully this will solve it for me,
i still am wondering am i ment to get petrol from that valve at the top of the vst when i press it.thanks"

"well i brought the boat out f

"well i brought the boat out for a run and like you said bruce its running better than it has in a good while after cleaning the injectors,
thanks again."

Back