Logo

2005 F150 yamaha outboard stalls at high RPM

G

goindeep1

Aloha
I have a 2005 F150 EFI

Aloha
I have a 2005 F150 EFI yamaha outboard motor on a 21' proline dual counsle. My boat was parked since the 1st of january. 3 days ago I finally tried to start the motor and it did start all it did was crank over. The first thing I checked for was spark it and it had spark so checked for fuel delivery it also had fuel being delivered to the low pressure pumps and the low pressure pumps was also working just fine. so on to the next thing witch was the high pressure fuel pump witch was located behind the intake manifold in this resivor canister where it also contained a float also. The float was stuck shut and was not leting any fuel to the high pressue fuel pump that feeds the injectors rail. so I sanded the neddle clean and reasembled the float and the motor started rightway now the problem is that when you first start to put the throttle up it starts to run just fine for the first 3 minutes then it starts to surge from 2500RPM to 1000RPM until you back the throttle to 1900RPM and then it will run like that all day. I also took a fuel pressure test today and with just with the key turned to the own position the fuel pressure was 38 psi and with the motor at idle the pressure was 34 psi.I tried and changed alot of stuff and nothing has seem to be heling at all if anyone had this problem befor or heard of this problem pleas let me know I am open for options.
Mahalo

Back