Logo

Bravo3 and Volvo Penta engine

kvdk

"I own a Arriva 2552 with a Vo

"I own a Arriva 2552 with a Volvo Penta 8,1 L / 420 HP (2006) installed with the original Mercruiser Bravo3 duoprop drive - Has problems with the drive and want to buy a new/second hand drive but need to know the gearing in the drive - can anyone tell me what i need ... ?"

"Klaus - Never owned a Penta d

"Klaus - Never owned a Penta duoprop, but have owned earlier Penta models. That drive has a good reputation. What kind of problems? Seems like a repair from a mechanic that knows what they are doing would be a better option. New parts are pricey, but you can find used or excess inventory on the Internet pretty easily."

Klaus - OOPS - I think I goofe

Klaus - OOPS - I think I goofed. Thought you were talking about a Volvo Penta DuoProp outdrive. The Bravo 3 duoprop is made by Mercury. I have no experience with those. Sorry.

"the drive shaft housing is &#

"the drive shaft housing is 'common', the gear ratio is "changed" in the lower gear housing. There should be a decal on the left side of the drive shaft housing with the gear ratio and the serial number. if not, you can measure it or disassemble it and count teeth."

Back