Logo

1996 Glastron Volvo Gi 57 No voltage to fuel pumps

c4jdb

"Need help understanding fuel

"Need help understanding fuel pump wiring. This engine uses 2 electric fuel pumps and a TBI. Normal operation is key on, pumps run up pressure, pumps stop until engine starts and obviously the pumps come on again. Now at key on, pumps do not come on. I can't tell that any circuit breakers are thrown, everything looks normal. This is the first attempt to start for this season - worked fine last year.

Can someone describe where to begin chasing down what all happens with the electrical at key on? I don't think the pumps are both suddenly dead, but I'm not sure where to start to troubleshoot this.

Thanks in advance."

"I've got another symptom

"I've got another symptom to add now - there's no spark at the spark plugs. It seems that other than power to the starter, there's no power to the fuel pumps or spark plugs. The other accessorties like bilge pump, lights, blower all have power.

Does this help locate / isolate the problem?"

"I have the exact same problem

"I have the exact same problem with my volvo Penta, but it is a 4.3L GL-A. I was at the lake and throttled up to plane when the engine shut off. I discovered that the fuel pump was not receiving electricity to it. The fuel pump works when it is directly connected to power. I changed both the fuel pump relay and the starter relays; and that didn't work. I do not have any power going into the red/purple wire that connects to the fuel pump relay. I traced it back and also don't have any power going to the 7.5 amp fuse. (By the way, I checked all the fuses and they are still good). I rechecked all my grounds, and didn't have an issue. I suspect that there is a problem with my 50 amp circuit breaker (ignition protected), but am not sure if that would cause the problem, or how to test it. Have you found out what was happening to yours yet?"

I did get mine going. It was

I did get mine going. It was one of the relays located directly beside the forward fuel pump.

Back