Logo

Nissan NS5B Thermostat

januszon

"Hi,
I have 1995 Nissan NS5N

"Hi,
I have 1995 Nissan NS5N outboard and it overheats. I suspect clogged cooling system (muddy water) and would like to start from flushing the system with fresh water with engine stopped, as per Owner's Manual.
I located and installed flushing plug, connected hose with fresh tap water, but manual says: "when flushing is completed (..) reinstall the thermostat. Where is thermostat ?
Manual says nothing about removing it before, just "reinstall" after ???
Can you help me ?

thank you,
Januszon"

"Thank you Tohatsu Guru for ve

"Thank you Tohatsu Guru for very quick reply.
But you mean "on that motor" ? you wrote "on that manual" ?
So, assuming there is no thermostat, I can just open the tap and run fresh water thru cooling system ?
thank you one more time,

Januszon"

Re: "Hi, I have 1995 Nissan NS5N

"Hi,
I have 1995 Nissan NS5N outboard and it overheats. I suspect clogged cooling system (muddy water) and would like to start from flushing the system with fresh water with engine stopped, as per Owner's Manual.
I located and installed flushing plug, connected hose with fresh tap water, but manual says: "when flushing is completed (..) reinstall the thermostat. Where is thermostat ?
Manual says nothing about removing it before, just "reinstall" after ???
Can you help me ?

thank you,
Januszon"

Is this The same engine as a Yamaha 5hp 2-stroke that was made 1985-2002? In that case it do have an thermostat and I recently repaird my sons little engine that was totally clogged up with salt in the cooling passages in the powerhead. It was an easy job but the cowering plates where the thermostat is needs to be taken of there was four out of like ten M6 screws that snaped when I unbolted them. It therefor requied some drilling and tapping new threads.

I remowed the entire powerhead when i did this work since there was a broken shift lever aswell.

Re: "Hi, I have 1995 Nissan NS5N

Is this The same engine as a Yamaha 5hp 2-stroke that was made 1985-2002? In that case it do have an thermostat and I recently repaird my sons little engine that was totally clogged up with salt in the cooling passages in the powerhead. It was an easy job but the cowering plates where the thermostat is needs to be taken of there was four out of like ten M6 screws that snaped when I unbolted them. It therefor requied some drilling and tapping new threads.

I remowed the entire powerhead when i did this work since there was a broken shift lever aswell.

I sid some reaserch, it is not the same engine as Yamaha.

Back