Logo

Water pump still not pumping

wpvaneyssen

I` recently bought Chystler 45

I` recently bought Chystler 45 outboard and replaced impeller on raw water cooling system and tested with fresh water circulation but still no water exiting!What could I do next?

"If it's getting hot, I wo

"If it's getting hot, I would take the power head off and clear the old impeller parts from the water tube and exhaust jacket. They pump like crazy when right.

Otherwise- you might have missed the water tube when re assembling the lower."

"hi william
re-checked water

"hi william
re-checked water tube,okay;old impeller only slightly worn on blades;run up motor again,still no water exiting!what next?
ta
wayne"

"On the very top of the power

"On the very top of the power head was (most models) a fine thread slotted head plug. Remove it an start the engine. You should get a solid stream straight in the air. That would mean the water is getting there. But where is it going? If your still running hot, that would make me look under the exhaust covers for missing pieces of the previous water pump job. If it can't exit the motor it will just tea kettle and run hot. You must have flow."

"william,also checked exhaust

"william,also checked exhaust covers!could there be a blockage on water tube?how would I check that?
ta
wayne"

"If you are not getting water

"If you are not getting water from the plug, it's not comming out of the pump. Your maybe not going to like this, but take the lower off and stick it in a tub of water. Spin it with a big drill. I used some leather to protect the splines. If it won't come out of the pump, then the key to the impellor has vanished. If it does pump, put it back on and remove the exhaust side plate. Put the baffel back on (hold to sun light to see pin holes)and spin again. If you get water there, you probably have a blown side gasket or head gasket keeping the water from getting past the water jacket. If no water at the exhaust cover, pull the power head and find the blockage from the water tube to the exhaust jacket.

one final test is to spin the drive shaft while the powerhead is off. You should get water everywhere so put the drill in a rain coat and watch the plug. (might find a ground fault outlet too!)"

"William,re-checked impeller&#

"William,re-checked impeller(was badly worn due to test starting);removed and replaced with new one and reassemble!Water circulating now!
thanks"

Back