Logo

Valve Adjustment

ruckus3313

Regular Contributor
"El P or Ricardo E,

PLease

"El P or Ricardo E,

PLease help!!! I have about 70 hours since engine overhauled and I wanted to check the valves in it. I do not have any clattering or knocking but i wanted to check to make sure they have proper clearance etc... So anyways, I called my local volvo marina and asked if they have valve shims in stock in case I need them. They do, however,he said I need special tools to compress them blah blah blah.... Is this true?? I work at a Chrysler Dealership and have techs that are willing to help me do this but I did not know you need special tools. One of my techs said he thinks since it does not have hydralic lifters its setup like an older Volkswagon??He has feeler gauges and all necessary tools but do I need special equipment to expedite this job?? thanks for the help???"

no special tools needed to che

no special tools needed to check clearence but to change shims you need the compressor tool.to remove shims use a magnet.paid about 90$for mine 10 years ago from volvo .still have it make a offer.

thanks for the input. I will c

thanks for the input. I will check to make sure theyre good and if i need the compressor tool i will have to buy one.thanks for the help!!!

Back