Logo

1973 6HP Johnson Seahorse

clueless123

Need help. First off I am a wo

Need help. First off I am a woman with no knowledge of boat motors. I inherited an engine from my late father. Model #6R-73S. I assume from research that the year it was made is 1973. Is that correct? And is this a decent engine? I need to close the Estate and sell it and I have searched ebay and craigslist for this engine to get a feel of what I should ask for it but I have not been able to find this exact model. I've seen similar models ranging anywhere between $180-$500. But not being able to compare apples to apples I am clueless. Can someone please help me?

"Can't help with the speci

"Can't help with the specifics but in general.

Assuming the year is close, it's an engine that's over 35 years old. Unless it is in pristine condition, its probably worth more in parts than altogether. There's a place on MD's eastern shore that may be able to give you a better figure (or maybe buy it); their website is:

http://www.americanoutboard.com/

I'd email or call them.

good luck"

"Diana, Those motors are in so

"Diana, Those motors are in some demand by fishermen for trolling and by people with small sailboats that need an aux motor. Parts for that motor are still easily available at any Evinrude/Johnson dealer if that's what it is. If it's in good working condition I would start out at $400 and negotiate."

Back