Logo

Warning horn

"I have a 2005 Johnson 175 an

"I have a 2005 Johnson 175 and recently replaced water pump and sensors, themos and have been out a few times , now the warning horn is sounding but there is no indicater light coming on- oil,temp. please help baffled in Fla."

"sense,u have repl,those items

"sense,u have repl,those items,..i would ck the vro oiling system,..head temps,....and poss u have a bad gauge,....i believe,on those,the gauge controls the horn....what tones,r u getting?"

"-------overheat--or bad senso

"-------overheat--or bad sensor...try disc them,one at a time,starting w.the ones on cyl hd,to find the bad one....does it do it,when cold,before,starting?..u need,a FACTORY service manual,...avail here i think,as well as all over the net....dont waste ur "

"any horn,..that activates,..w

"any horn,..that activates,..w/a system ck gauge,..SHOULD,have set off a light...u may have a bad sys ck tach..."

"what is a system check tach?

"what is a system check tach? I am pulling the boat out of the backyard today to try to fix it, great fathers day should be out fishing, if you are around later or tommorow you think you could try to help me go through a few things"

"a system ck tach,..has lites

"a system ck tach,..has lites on it...sm lites,..ck eng,no oil,low oil, overheat..unplug,that gauge plug,..use a dab of di-elect grease and reconnect,..a loose or bad conn,will cause those symptoms."

"put infared temp on heads and

"put infared temp on heads and one side stayed around 138 the other side 129 guess thats normal, but also noticed that none of the system check lights came on, the horn is still sounding though going to get dielectric grease and try guage connection"

"(Odd Soundings Of Warning

"(Odd Soundings Of Warning Horn)
(J. Reeves)

Should the warning horn beep constantly when the key is turned to the ON position rather than sounding just a short beep as it should, do the following test.

Remove the TAN wire from the horn. If the constant beeping continues, the horn is faulty, in which case replace it. However, on the other hand, if the beeping stops, something has gone wrong with one of the sensor components at the engine, in which case start disconnecting the TAN wires that are connected to the various components (Heat Sensors, VRO, Vacuum Switch if so equipped, Oil Tank). Disconnecting a unit and having the beeping stop...... you've found the faulty component.

NOTE: The small black plastic horn that has a built in black ground wire...... The TAN wire must be attached to the terminal closest to that black wire. Otherwise weird things will happen.

Thousands of parts in my remaining stock. Not able to list them all. Let me know what you need and I'll look it up for you. Visit my eBay store at:

http://stores.ebay.com/Evinrude-Johnson-Outboard-Parts-etc?refid=store"

"also none of the lights are c

"also none of the lights are coming on, on the guage. which is the tachometer also w/ the lights oil, temp, ck eng"

"also i did remove the tan wir

"also i did remove the tan wire from horn and it stopped going off. Also, afterward i removed the tach/system chk and the buzzer stopped, thats with the horn hooked up"

Back