Logo

2009 yamaha 350 hp over heat

omc_10

Regular Contributor
Hey guys i let my buddy drive

Hey guys i let my buddy drive my boat the other day and one of my engines died on him (2009 350hp) he called me back to the wheel and i seen the over heat light on. So i went back to the engines and there was smoke comeing from it and then all of a sudden a loud bang. I am assuming the water pump was not working? Is it worth it to fix? ABout how much would this cost?

"maybe got seaweed or plastic

"maybe got seaweed or plastic bag over water intake, maybe a fried water pump or worse. can you see what the "bang" was? motor still under warranty? That's a really nice motor!
maybe an expensive "bang"!! better take motor back to dealer for repairs. Good Luck!"

well there is metal shaveings

well there is metal shaveings on the sparkplug when i took one out and in the lower unit when i took oil screw out to see what was going on...
ye well i have 3 of them so it is fine to drive cause i got two still running. i never do anything with warranty i will just buy a new one i guess. i was going to repair this one for my sons boat.

that is too bad...any idea wha

that is too bad...any idea what caused this? sounds like an expensive repair job...good luck!

"no clue!? but something with

"no clue!? but something with the cooling systme failed or got blocked like u said. meh i will get a new one i think. these were really expensive though 36,000 plus tax."

If you have insurance it will

If you have insurance it will cover the intake being blocked and then causing damage from overheating. You will have to tell the dealer that you know something got on the leg to qualify for it.

"It has a warranty, if you cho

"It has a warranty, if you choose not to use it you have pockets way deeper than most of us here. Warranty won't cover a blocked inlet but insurance will. Insurance would replace the powerhead with a new factory one. Your rates would go up next year too."

ye that is what i am thinking

ye that is what i am thinking like I will buy a new one and i know for sure it will be like new. if i claim it on insureance will i in the long run pay more then a new engine?... warranty wont work....

I guarantee you the insurance

I guarantee you the insurance rates won't go up near the cost to repair/replace that 350HP V8 powerhead!...no need to carry insurance if you don't use it when you have a loss. Good Luck!

Lets have a money burning part

Lets have a money burning party at your place. I wouldn't trust uncle Sam. Burn it before he takes it from you I say..or send it to me to keep for you.

Back