Logo

115 Merc 4Stroke no trim sending unit for gauge

leros

"I'm in the process of try

"I'm in the process of trying to figure out wiring for my Johnson 50 to Merc 115 engine swap. I stopped by a shop today to ask the mechanic about the sending unit for hooking up my trim gauge and the two motors (salt water version) on the back of the Whaler he was working on didn't have them just like mine doesn't. Was this an option on the 2003? Can it be added? There is not a picture or part number of a sender to even order one.

Figuring out the wiring is a nightmare, now this bump in the road! Any ideas?

Thanks,
SteveO"

"Yes, with Merc almost everyth

"Yes, with Merc almost everything is an option

And you would think they would make it easy to find the parts.

Merc part 821400A2 (about 45 bucks) will work on their inline models such as your 115.

You will have to change your gauge as well - OMC trim gauges are not compatable with Merc sending units."

"One other thing Graham, are t

"One other thing Graham, are there other parts needed or is this a kit with mounting screws, cam, etc? Do you have a picture?

SteveO"

"Thanks, I ordered it yesterda

"Thanks, I ordered it yesterday and it should be here today or tomorrow. The price was $45.63 but they gave it to me for $36.75 +tax, not bad for a dealer. I love deals, especially since this motor swap is killing me with $50 here $100 there, does it ever end? Hopefully I'll recoop some of it with the sale of the Johnson 50!

Thanks again for your help,
SteveO"

Back