Logo

1986 OMC Stern Drive Stringer Mount Stern Drive I Believe

yukon

"I went to change the oil in t

"I went to change the oil in the intermediate housing oil reservoir - when removing the drain plug a little water and only a couple of teaspoons of oil came out. I let it drain and then refilled with oil per specs. Lower Gearcase, Upper Gearcase, Tilt Unit and all other Gearcase lubrication points were A OK. My question is this going to be an expensive bill to get this fixed or can I refill as I did and use the boat then recheck after a short use ? I see no leaks. This is a 1986 Seaswirl Sierra Cuddy 4.3L V6 engine, 18ft. I understand there are only a few of these silver colored stern drive units placed on the 1986 Seaswirl boats, then they started using the Cobra. Thanks In Advance"

Did you put a new plastick was

Did you put a new plastick washer on the drian plug after you finished draining it?

How about the large plug where you fill?

Should only hole 8 oz of oil.Maybe a little less.

I did not - Do you think oil c

I did not - Do you think oil could be leaking out and water coming in from either the fill plug or the drain plug ? I know it only holds about 6.5 ounces of oil. I will replace both washers and refill and run the boat for testing and recheck at intervals for leakage. If this is not the fix is it going to be a complicated fix to maybe replace seals or whatever needs to be done ?

Back