Logo

1974 70hp johnson outboard

17arrowglassstinger

Contributing Member
i finally got my motor running

i finally got my motor running right after a while working on it but now when i go to power up it will go to 3000 rpms then it will take a little bit to go higher you really have to baby the throttle to get it up to a good speed could this be that the floats are not adjusted right because it idles fine and when it does get up to speed there is not a problem if i gun it it will go up to 3000 and then it wants to bog down thanks for any help

"Assuming you have good comp[r

"Assuming you have good comp[ression and spark on all cylinders...........

Clean and rebuild all carburetors, using new complete carburetor kits."

Had a similar problem once. To

Had a similar problem once. Took months to find. All it turned out to be was the throttle linkage had fallen off the lower carby spindle. Very difficult to spot because at idle speed everything looks and runs pretty normal. Even the local Evinrude dealer couldn't find it. I just happened to have my finger on the linkage when I opened the throttle and it didn't move. So check yer linkages! :)

"In rebuilding the carburetors

"In rebuilding the carburetors, did you actually clean the fixed brass high speed jets manually, that is clean them thoroughly with a piece of single strand wire? Solvent just doesn't clean them properly."

yea got carb kits replaced eve

yea got carb kits replaced everything cleaned with solevent and a wire through the jets got new spark plugs if my linkage was like that it would make it bog down when i open it up

Back