Logo

Ted Williams 55

kenly47

"Hi, I have a 1973 5.5 ..model

"Hi, I have a 1973 5.5 ..model 21759431.. serial number 205298 .. I can start the motor with one pull and it ideals great. When I put it into gear it stalls..tried ajusting the carb a bit with no luck...any thoughts...Thank You Ken"

"If your carb has a slotted sp

"If your carb has a slotted spring loaded screw coming out of the bottom of the carb (holding the bowl on) --it is the main jet, just crack it open a 1/2 turn and try again.

If missing, you have fixed jet which needs to come out and be cleaned. If covered in goo- is time for a carb overhaul."

"Hi William, my carb has a slo

"Hi William, my carb has a slotted screw I tried to turn it with no change..the carb was serviced before season and was running great. I did notice when I put it in gear and gave it some throttle alot of fuel was on the water just behind the engine,kinda like it was coming out the exhaust."

"You may have a bad bottom sea

"You may have a bad bottom seal on the crank shaft. They will spit all kinds of fuel into the water. I would also look down the throat of the carb when running and see if you have a lot of fuel going out the carb Then try to adjust that main jet closed, you may just be running rich in the main circuit.

Those had 3 styles of main seals- 2 were easy."

"I HAVE A 1.75 GAMEFISHER THAT

"I HAVE A 1.75 GAMEFISHER THAT WILL RUN FINE FOR APROX. 1 HOUR THEN DIES AND WILL NOT RESTART. I DID GET IT TO START BY CHANGING THE SPARK PLUG, BUT IT ONLY RAN FOR 1 MORE HOUR THEN DIED AGAIN.
ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS PROBLEM? THANKS"

Back