Logo

Best Brand Starter

wickeral

Regular Contributor
"I'm about to do one Heck

"I'm about to do one Heck of alot of work to replace the aftermarket Starter in my 97 Searay 25Ft. Sundancer with a 7.4/300. The Engine Bay is so tight that I'll be pulling so much apart, and maybe pulling the Motor just to replace the Starter. I'm seeking recommendations on a quality Starter. Anyone? Thanks! Al W."

"Thanks Guy and Doc! I did pul

"Thanks Guy and Doc! I did pull Riser and Manifold this evening. If I put a Movers Blanket on the Engine and do my best Contortions I'll Yank that Sucker in the morning. My local Marine Parts has a Marine Electric Supply, (MES), Hi Torque, MES5398MHT on sale for $169.00. Specs claim it has the Perm Mag's. I don't know where to get a Delco unit locally. Thanks, Al"

Oh! So that's what all tho

Oh! So that's what all those Sparks came from! LOL Thanks for caring enough to Post for Safety! I'll report back later today. Al W.

"It really gets Crazy!!! I wen

"It really gets Crazy!!! I went to purchase my new Starter. Guy behind the Counter Say's, "You want the High Torque, ($132, or the Ultra High Torque? ($161)" . Hopefully I didn't Waste 29 Dollars. More later. Al W."

Back