Logo

How to Remove Bad Gas from Tank

hartwellbtr

My question is how can I remov

My question is how can I remove bad gas from the tank. I probably have about 30 gallons of gas in the tank. The gas is filled in the front of the boat and the tank is buried in the back of the boat.

"have to siphon it out, you wo

"have to siphon it out, you would probably want to purchase a pump of some sort.. hook it up to the fuel line that goes to the engine and get some containers.. the big water bottles work good(should be cheap to.. ) just label them.."

"You can use Compressed Air if

"You can use Compressed Air if you set it up correctly. Low Pressure, Temperary Seal of Vent, a Rag around the Air Chuck in the Fill Tube. Works just fine. Al W."

"I just did this for 31 gallon

"I just did this for 31 gallons on a boat. Someone makes an electric pump that is battery operated, with the batteries sealed inside. I removed the sending unit, dropped the pump base in, and filled a bunch of 5 gallons gas cans. Fun stuff... Wear a respirator if you have one."

Another question is how to dis

Another question is how to dispose of it in an environmentally friendly manor.

"5 gallons of old gas + 22

"5 gallons of old gas + 22 gallons of fresh gas plus 1 can of Seafoam = full gas tank in truck, no bad effects.

Or you have a lot of volatile weed and grass killer."

"Let the gas sit for a couple

"Let the gas sit for a couple days, see what settles, I'd use all but the bottom couple inches. ???"

Back