Logo

1990 30 no spark

kylemich

"I have changed the points, co

"I have changed the points, coil, plugs, wires, carb job. Took it in to the boat shop and got back ran for 10 min started missing out. Had a guy adjust points and now wont start???"

Tryed with the unpluged esa an

Tryed with the unpluged esa and still nothing. The negative battery cable is getting really hot also just cleaned them up???

Finally got the boat running b

Finally got the boat running but missing out once it warms up. Tryed unplugging the esa and still misses out??

Does it miss at all speeds or

Does it miss at all speeds or only at idle? Are you sure your carb is adjusted correctly? Have you double checked your wires to make sure they are installed correctly?

It runs really smooth when fir

It runs really smooth when first started then about 5 minutes later after warming up it starts missing out. Even at higher rpm it still misses a little. We had the boat shop do the carb job so i am guessing it is right. We dont have a book or anything for the wire order just put it back the way we took it apart. Can you give me the firing order?

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
285752.jpg
"

When we did have it in the wat

When we did have it in the water it ran fine all the way across the lake then died and had a hard time getting it restarted. I didnt notice any power issues. I have not done a compression test.

"You did not mention changing

"You did not mention changing the dist cap or condenser? Change them if you haven't. Otherwise I would suggest retracing your steps on plugs, wires, and points. Also check the centrifugal advance mechanism in the dist. It should move freely with no sticking. After ruling out all ignition possibilities, it's back to fuel delivery (carb)."

"Yea the main ground checked?

"Yea the main ground checked? Follow the neg cable after disconnecting the battery, and clean the main ground at the block. Then clean every connection you come to following the pos. cable. The starter connections also.Take apart the main harness plug clean inside there also.Take apart the main fuses clean those cconnections. then re-attach the battery, try it sgain on the water and post the result."

Replaced condenser and it seem

Replaced condenser and it seems to be running. (for about 12 min). I think it is ok but the lake this weekend will tell all.

Back