Logo

2 stroke 2 cyl 6 hp clogged cooling

brucee2

"I bought a like new outboard

"I bought a like new outboard on ebay and the water trickles out of the head when running. I opened the water pump up, found a new impeller but shreds of an old one clogging the ports. Cleaned it out and the flow is the same. I think the thermostat is stuck or rubber has clogged the exit tube. I do not know the exact year of the motor. it's a 6SD #6H6 S 019205. I ordered a thermostat but clueless how to clear the clog if there is one. Any advice is welcome, ideas or experience is appreciated. The seller won't answer my emails. I just want to get it running right."

"Bruce, take her apart. It may

"Bruce, take her apart. It may sound like alot of work (but it isn't).

Get at least a Seloc's manual and remove the powerhead. Then drop the lower unit so that you can remove the water tube. It can be blown out if it's clogged.

Also, with the powerhead off, you can remove the head cover and get any particles cleaned out of the water channels in the head.

It really isn't that much work on a motor this small and the whole process costs you nothing more than some of your time and a couple of gaskets."

Back