Logo

MC 470 Starter Solenoid Wiring

a1nowell

Contributing Member
"I need a little help with re-

"I need a little help with re-wiring my M/C 470 starter solenoid.

My solenoid has 1 big lug and 1 smaller wire connection. I have 1-yellow/red wire from the slave solenoid, I have 1-orange wire with the fuse on it, 1-smaller red wire going to the voltage regulator, I think and 1- large red wire going back to the battery. What goes where?

Thanks,
Larry"

yellow/red wire from the slave

yellow/red wire from the slave solenoid is attached to the starter solenoid small + stud on the right to energize it.

These three connect together on the large solenoid stud.

orange wire with the fuse on it
red wire going to the voltage regulator
large red wire going back to the battery

Above info per SELOC manual MCM470 w/fuse

"Guy
I have the Seloc online

"Guy
I have the Seloc online manual but it was not very clear.

New problem. I wired my solenoid as you described and when I go to put the positive cable on the battery the engine trys to start. Key is off, not even touching the key."

""yellow/red wire from the

""yellow/red wire from the slave solenoid is attached to the starter solenoid small + stud"

It should be by itself. If it is, check it to see if it is touching the big stud or attached cables.

Otherwise, w/the key off, disconnect the yellow/red wire from the slave solenoid and measure voltage on wire end. If you have 12 vdc then either the key switch is wired wrong or the slave is wired wrong."

Problem solved! The batter ca

Problem solved! The batter cable end was touching the smaller "S" terminal on the solenoid.

Back